Monday, February 25, 2008

Conquering the Clearance Addiction

I have been exercising quite a bit of will power this year. I have a real love of clearance shopping (especially at Target) and often spend more money than I should.

I actually went into debt partially due to buying clearance items in order to save money. Make sense? I would buy things on clearance way in advance, basically inventing a reason to buy such a great deal (ex. a b-day present for my niece for next year). The problem is I wasn't paying with cash and would up with a credit card bill I couldn't pay off. So I'm not really saving money if I'm paying interest on it, right?

Anyway, I had to go to Wal-Mart today. I have put this off as long as possible so I wouldn't be tempting myself. I did have $20 in birthday money from my husband's grandma and I decided to allow myself to go down the clearance aisle. I ended up buying three frames (which I have been wanting for over 6 months and match the ones I currently have). They were on sale for $5 each (8X10). So I paid cash for these and ended up getting just what I wanted. Woo hoo!

I am proud of myself for sticking to it. It's the little things that add up to make a difference!

No comments: