Sunday, April 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Last week I was so tired from my vacation to Mexico that I never got around to making a menu plan. We got home in the middle of the night on Monday and I didn't think it'd make much difference if I skipped a week.

Boy was I wrong! I spent more money and was stressed out trying to figure out what to make.

So I'm back on the wagon this week! My oldest daughter turns 3 on Saturday and I don't know what she wants for her birthday party yet (just a small get together with family that lives in the area) so I'll need to figure that out tomorrow. So far she wants peanut butter sandwiches. Good grief.

Here's what I've got planned:

Breakfasts:
Multi-grain cheerios
Hot oatmeal
To Die For Blueberry Muffins

Lunches:
Egg salad, carrot sticks
Colorful chicken salad on croissants
PB&J, pears
Mac and cheese, peas
Leftovers

Suppers:
Lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Tator Tot Casserole, peaches with cottage cheese
Easy Chicken Crockpot Dinner
Leftovers
Crockpot Pizza
Madeline's birthday meal ????
Hamburger Stroganoff

And of course my birthday girl has thought a lot about what kind of cake she wants. She is torn between these adorable butterfly cupcakes, or this fun cake/cupcake creation. Decisions, decisions.

For more menu ideas check out Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am a meal planner, too. I've discovered that life is so much easier when I don't need to come up with a food at the last minute!

Those cupcakes are adorable!

Stacy